Sunday, July 8, 2012

Angelina Jolie Named Honorary Citizen of Sarajevo


Honored in Bosnia at the 18th Sarajevo Film Festival, Angelina Jolie was named Honorary Citizen of Sarajevo for her work on In the Land of Blood and Honey.

The film, written and directed by Jolie, tells the story of the city's war through the relationship between a Bosnian Serb man and a Bosnian Muslim woman.

Appearing sans Brad Pitt (but rocking the engagement ring he gave her), she received an Honorary Citizen of Sarajevo award from the Prime Minister, Mr. Fikret Music.

Jolie, who will soon be seen as Maleficent, spoke of her connection to the country: "The time I spent and the people I met in Bosnia have changed me forever."

"I can't tell you how much it means to me to be named an honorary citizen of Sarajevo, a city so dear to my heart."

As for directing the movie, she said: "It was the hardest thing I have ever done because of my deep respect for the people that really experienced it."

"The experience here was so unique for me that I felt very connected to the people."

We have no doubt. Cheers to Angelina for being the humanitarian she is.

bharati vidyapeeth dental college

No comments:

Post a Comment